The Abs Diet Online
Overview of the Abs Diet Online
On the Abs Diet Online, you'll learn how to go from eating 3 times a day to six times a day in order to stave off hunger and keep your metabolism revved up. Additionally, the program includes a diet and exercise plan that includes foods that are high in nutrients such as fruits and vegetables, protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Twelve "powerfoods" are also included to increase the benefits of the diet plan.
The exercise routine on this diet is not for the faint of heart as it includes either strength training, cardio, or abs exercises on most days of the week. You'll even do light walking on your "days off."
Top 3 Diet Plans (based on Diet Channel visitor activity):
Sonoma Diet - "Get to eat great food and even enjoy a glass of wine." Learn More...
Jillian Michaels - "Jillian guides you through the diet and exercise changes you know you need to make." Learn More...
Mediterranean Diet - "Diet focused on eating the healthy foods that taste great." Learn More...
Foods you can eat on the Abs Diet Online
Most diets would prefer it if you stopped eating by around 7 p.m. The Abs Diet Online has no problems with a snack at 8 or 9 p.m. Foods that are allowed on the diet are those foods that are nutrient, fiber, and protein rich as well as healthy fats.
The 12 powerfoods include the following:
- Almonds (and other nuts)
- Beans (and other legumes)
- Spinach (and other green vegetables)
- Instant oatmeal
- Turkey (and other lean meats)
- Peanut butter
- Olive oil
- Whole grains (breads and cereals)
- Extra-protein powder (whey)
- Raspberries and other berries.
Smoothies are allowed as a dessert option and you are allowed to eat one "cheat" meal per week. This means for one meal, each week, you may eat whatever you want.
Foods you can't eat on the Abs Diet Online
With the exception of the "cheat" meal, it's best to avoid high-fat foods, fried foods, and excessive amounts of sweets. On this diet, beverages are considered the kiss of death. It's very easy to exceed your normal (acceptable) calorie intake by drinking high-sugar orange juice, high-fat whole milk, high-calorie sports drinks, and high-calorie beer. While these beverages can be enjoyed here and there, it's best to monitor your intake while on this diet.
Abs Diet Online eating options
The Abs Diet Online encourages eating meals/snacks six times per day, which should always include a balance of nutrients. Be sure to include "stomach satisfying" high-fiber whole grains, good fats, and protein with each meal. "Let your foods do the counting."
The following is a sample menu from the Abs Diet Online. Keep in mind that each meal will contain powerfoods. A recommended time schedule is also included.
- Breakfast: Mexican scramble (Powerfoods: 5)
- Lunch: Chicken wrap with salsa (Powerfoods: 4)
- Dinner: Barbecued chicken, flatbread (Powerfoods: 3)
Snacks range from Skippy peanut butter and string cheese to yogurt mixed with fresh berries and popcorn.
Sample time schedule:
8 a.m.: breakfast
11 a.m.: snack
1 p.m.: lunch
4 p.m.: snack
6 p.m.: dinner
8 p.m.: snack
What are the exercise Recommendations for the Abs Diet Online?
To get perfect abs, it takes a good combination of diet and exercise. On this diet, there are three components to your weekly workout schedule.*
- Strength training: Three times a week. These are total-body workouts with one workout that puts extra emphasis on your legs.
- Additional cardiovascular exercise: Optional, on non-strength-training days. Examples are cycling, running, swimming, walking, and using cardio machines. An interval workout is recommended for 1 day a week, and light cardiovascular exercise like walking is recommended for 2 of your 3 off days.
- Abs exercises: Twice a week. It is recommended that you do them before your strength training or interval workouts.
Number of Dieters following the Abs Diet Online
It is estimated that, in 2005, 200,000 people adopted the Abs Diet by following the best-selling Abs Diet Workout book. Additionally, thousands of dieter's nationwide utilize the Abs Diet Online program.
Abs Diet Online: post weight maintenance plans
The basic guidelines of the diet are simple, and if you incorporate them into your daily life (along with a steady exercise plan), you will have no problems maintaining your weight, six-pack, and fitness level. The five guidelines are as follows:
- Eat six meals a day.
- Make the 12 powerfoods the staples of your diet.
- Drink smoothies regularly.
- Stop counting calories--just watch your portions.
- Know what to drink and what not to.