How Many Calories in a Mexican Pizza From Taco Bell?
Taco Bell is a popular fast-food chain known for its delicious Mexican-inspired menu items. One of the most beloved items on their menu is the Mexican Pizza. This tasty dish consists of a crispy tortilla shell topped with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, tangy sauce, melted cheese, and diced tomatoes. If you’re watching your calorie intake, you may be wondering how many calories are in a Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. In this article, we will explore the calorie content of a Mexican Pizza and answer some common questions related to this popular menu item.
Calorie Content of a Mexican Pizza
A regular-sized Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell typically contains around 540 calories. This calorie count may vary slightly depending on any additional toppings or modifications you make to your order. However, it is important to note that Taco Bell also offers a “Fresco Style” option, which reduces the overall calorie content of their menu items. By choosing the “Fresco Style” option for your Mexican Pizza, you can reduce the calorie count to approximately 420 calories.
14 Common Questions about the Calorie Content of a Mexican Pizza
1. Does the calorie count include the whole Mexican Pizza?
Yes, the calorie count mentioned refers to the entire Mexican Pizza.
2. How is the calorie count affected if I remove certain ingredients?
If you remove certain ingredients, such as cheese or meat, the calorie count will decrease accordingly.
3. Can I make the Mexican Pizza healthier adding extra vegetables?
Yes, adding extra vegetables, such as lettuce or bell peppers, can add nutritional value and decrease the overall calorie count.
4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for the Mexican Pizza?
The Mexican Pizza contains meat and cheese, but you can request it to be made without meat or cheese to suit a vegetarian or vegan diet.
5. Is the calorie count the same for a Mexican Pizza Supreme?
The Mexican Pizza Supreme typically has a slightly higher calorie count due to the addition of sour cream and sliced black olives.
6. How does the “Fresco Style” option reduce the calorie count?
The “Fresco Style” option replaces certain ingredients, such as cheese and sauce, with healthier alternatives like pico de gallo, reducing the overall calorie content.
7. Are there any gluten-free options for the Mexican Pizza?
Unfortunately, Taco Bell does not offer a gluten-free version of the Mexican Pizza.
8. Can I order a smaller portion size of the Mexican Pizza?
Taco Bell does not offer different portion sizes for the Mexican Pizza, but you can choose to share it with a friend or save half for later.
9. Is the calorie count the same for a Mexican Pizza with chicken?
The calorie count may vary slightly if you opt for a Mexican Pizza with chicken instead of beef, but the difference is minimal.
10. Can I customize the Mexican Pizza to reduce the calorie count further?
Yes, you can customize your Mexican Pizza removing or adding ingredients to suit your preferences and reduce the calorie count.
11. Does the Mexican Pizza contain any trans fats?
The Mexican Pizza may contain a small amount of trans fats due to the frying process of the tortilla shell.
12. Can I request a lower-sodium version of the Mexican Pizza?
Unfortunately, Taco Bell does not provide the option to customize the sodium content of their menu items.
13. Does the Mexican Pizza contain any fiber?
The Mexican Pizza contains a moderate amount of fiber due to the inclusion of refried beans.
14. Are there any other low-calorie options at Taco Bell?
Taco Bell offers several low-calorie options such as their Fresco Crunchy Tacos, Fresco Soft Tacos, and Power Menu Bowl with grilled chicken.
In conclusion, a regular-sized Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell typically contains around 540 calories. By choosing the “Fresco Style” option, you can reduce the calorie count to approximately 420 calories. You can also customize the Mexican Pizza to suit your dietary preferences and further reduce the calorie content. Don’t forget to explore other low-calorie options available at Taco Bell if you’re looking for healthier choices.