eDiets Week 10 Day 3 - Moderation Tricks for the Weak at Heart...and Belly Volume 2
I hope you found my tips from last week helpful. Just putting them in writing has helped me so much that I have decided to give you some more tips:
1. Substitute water as much as possible. Being dehydrated is often confused with being hungry.
2. Don't load up on "healthy" calories. Fruit juices are loaded with nutrients, but they are also loaded with calories and they absorb must faster in your body in the liquid form. Eat fresh fruit instead of fruit juices. You wont feel like you are sacrificing much and your body will look better for it.
3. Drink skim milk. Skim milk has all the nutrients of other kinds of milk, but without all the fat and calories. If you think skim milk is disgusting because it is more "watery" than 1% 2% or whole milk, then just work yourself down the fat chain. For example, if you use whole milk today, buy a half gallon of whole and a half gallon of 2% and split the recipe into half "whole milk" and half 2%. I promise you will not notice. Once you get used to doing this, then make it more and more 2%. If you do this gradually enough, you will be down to skim in a few weeks and refuse to drink whole milk at all. I even go so far as to use water and skim milk on my cereal. If it cuts 50 calories off my milk intake and I don't notice much difference, then that's great for me.
4. Use smaller dishware. If you always grab the Super Size cup when you are going for the soda (which you should give up anyways because its really bad for you - even diet soda), then start using a coffee mug. By making yourself have to refill your own glass 5 times to equal your super size cup, you will send a message to your body about how much you are really drinking. If you are like me, you will get lazy and not drink more than 1 or 2 coffee mugs full because you don't want to miss the tv show you are watching. This trick works with you dinner plates too. I promise you wont take as much food if you have to pile your food up on the plate.
Thats all for today folks. I can't wait to read some comments on how these tips are working for you!
- Richat35 Healthyat85's blog
- Login to post comments