Why Did Planet Fitness Charge Me $39?
Planet Fitness is a popular gym chain that offers affordable memberships and a judgement-free environment for people of all fitness levels. However, one thing that often confuses members is the $39 charge that appears on their bank statements. In this article, we will explore the reasons behind this charge and answer some common questions that arise regarding it.
1. Why did Planet Fitness charge me $39?
The $39 charge is an annual fee that is billed to all members once a year. It is used to cover the costs of maintaining and upgrading the gym equipment, facilities, and amenities.
2. Can I avoid the $39 charge?
Unfortunately, the $39 annual fee is a mandatory charge for all Planet Fitness members. It cannot be avoided unless you cancel your membership before the annual renewal date.
3. When will I be charged the $39 fee?
The date of the annual fee varies for each member, as it is determined the date on which they joined Planet Fitness. You will typically be charged the fee around the same time each year.
4. How will I be notified about the $39 charge?
Planet Fitness sends out notifications via email or physical mail to inform members about the upcoming annual fee. Make sure to keep your contact information up to date to ensure you receive these notifications.
5. Can I cancel my membership to avoid the $39 fee?
Yes, you can cancel your membership at any time. However, if you cancel before the annual fee is charged, you will not receive a refund for any unused months.
6. What happens if I cancel my membership after being charged the $39 fee?
If you decide to cancel your membership after being charged the annual fee, you will not receive a refund for that fee. Your membership will remain active until the end of the paid period.
7. Do all gyms charge an annual fee?
No, not all gyms charge an annual fee. However, many gyms, including Planet Fitness, do charge an annual fee to cover maintenance and improvement costs.
8. Is the $39 fee the only charge I will incur as a Planet Fitness member?
No, in addition to the annual fee, Planet Fitness members are also required to pay a monthly membership fee. The amount of this fee varies depending on your location and membership type.
9. Can I put my membership on hold to avoid the $39 fee?
No, Planet Fitness does not offer the option to put memberships on hold. If you wish to avoid the annual fee, you will need to cancel your membership and rejoin at a later date.
10. Can I negotiate or waive the $39 fee?
The $39 annual fee is a standard charge that cannot be negotiated or waived for individual members. It is a part of the membership agreement and applies to all members.
11. What if I don’t use the gym regularly? Do I still have to pay the $39 fee?
Yes, all Planet Fitness members, regardless of their usage, are required to pay the annual fee.
12. Will the $39 fee increase over time?
The $39 fee is subject to change at the discretion of Planet Fitness. However, any changes to the fee will be communicated to members in advance.
13. Can I pay the $39 fee in installments?
No, the $39 fee is a one-time charge that is billed annually. It cannot be paid in installments.
14. Is the $39 fee refundable?
No, the $39 annual fee is non-refundable once it has been charged.